Friday 13 September 2013

Tracking Your Progress

So you've decided to make a change in your life, eat better, exercise more and be healthy. How do you ensure you are progressing towards your goals?

Well logging your activities is a great way to keep yourself on track. Having a record of when you started, what you could do then and comparing it to what you can do now is also a fantastic motivator.

You could just write the log in a notebook but there are some really good tools available for free on the internet. I have tried several of these sites and they all have something different to offer, but by far my favorite is Tribesports. This site has a good social element of enthusiastic and supportive users to help and encourage you on your journey as well as some really simple to use and extremely comprehensive logging tools.

They also have a whole load of suggested workouts that you can try if you are looking for inspiration. Unlike most of the other sites I tried Tribesports is not just orientated towards one or two sports, but instead caters to almost all of them. So whether your into Rockclimbing, Cycling, Weight Training or yoga, there will be something there for you and other like minded users.

If ever I feel that I am not making progress I look back at some of my old run times and right away my spirits are lifted as I see how far I have come in the last 10 months, the same goes for other exercises like pull-ups, 5 months ago I couldn't do one but a check of my logged training shows that I have now done well over 1,000.
So you see how tracking your progress can give you a massive boost towards your final target. Have a look at the options for yourself and please leave some feedback below to let me know how you get on.


Oh, and if you do use Tribesports you can follow me there; @jamesg5


“Every day you may make progress. Every step may be fruitful. Yet there will stretch out before you an ever-lengthening, ever-ascending, ever-improving path. You know you will never get to the end of the journey. But this, so far from discouraging, only adds to the joy and glory of the climb.” 
― Winston Churchill

@jamesg5

@jamesg5

@jamesg5

No comments:

Post a Comment